Welcome to Year 3!
We are all very excited to see you all back at school - we have missed you so much!
We can't wait to get started on our journey into Key Stage 2. In Year 3 we will base our learning on our topics - please see our topic planning for more information!
It's really important to us that we keep in touch with our families at home. With recent safety measures this is tricky to do! We aim to keep you regularly updated with news and events. We will be setting regular home learning tasks on Google Classrom and ask that you kindly support your child with this. Let us know how you get on.
We really look forward to working with you and your child this year and hope it is a year that they will treasure with fond memories.
The Year 3 Team
The staff working in the Year 3 team:
Sophie Bull and Kate Buckingham (Elm Class)
Steffi Bedford (Aspen Class)
Help at home
Help your child at home to bring home and school together!
- Enjoy books and reading! Find new places to read, find different things to read!
- Read together - take turns in reading a page or spotting things in the pictures!
- Create a book nook or snug!
- Practise telling the time.
- Practise handling money.
- Measure things around the home and garden!
- Measure out ingredients for a healthy meal.
- Spot 2D and 3D shapes.
- Work on a project together and get creative.
- Go against each other in a fitness challenge - how many star jumps, how many goals, how many step ups...
- Enjoy an experience on a trip somewhere - what can you see or find? Follow it up with some sketching and writing!
- Write a story, poem, newspaper, explanation page, diary, cartoon...the possibilities are yours!
Check out our new topic for Spring 1 2021!
Summer 1: Topic Planner